greenwich veterinary center lobby

Pet Health Certificates

Learn more about our pet health certificate services below.

Traveling with your cat or dog outside of the country?

Look no further than The Greenwich Veterinary Center. If you can’t travel with your pet, our veterinary clinic also offers boarding for your cat and dog.

A pet health certificate is an official document that one of our veterinarians will fill out after performing a thorough examination of your pet. Our veterinarians that issue health certificates are licensed, USDA accredited. The document will include detailed information about your pet such as breed, age, microchip etc. It also certifies that your pet is apparently free of disease and lists all the vaccines your pet is up to date on. Many commercial airlines will require a pet health certificate (one for each pet) that is to be on flight. Airlines will vary with the time frame in which a health certificate needs to be obtained, so please check with the airline you are using early to ensure your trip will not be delayed. While you are in the planning stages of your trip it is important to check with the airlines to make sure if any other paperwork is needed, some will have their own forms in addition to a certificate of veterinary inspection.

Translate »